Goodie Bags with 'Best of Bristol' Audio Tour. £22
Time & Location
About The Event
You and the recipient of the goodie bag must be over the age of 18.
For the tour, the recipients will need to have their own headphones and smartphones with either an Android or I-phone operating system to be able to download the app.
The tour is Covid friendly and can be taken even during lockdown as part of daily exercise if the city centre is within walking distance of home.
How to get your goodie bag:
When you buy a gift voucher, you'll choose the theme (Christmas/ birthday, etc) and if you want the included greetings card blank or written by me, with your own words. You'll then select the method in which the goodie bag is received from these choices:
- A gift voucher emailed to you. You can choose to email the voucher, print it out or ask me to send it directly (perfect for Secret Santa presents!) This will have the information about the audio tour (see bottom of page), along with all the practical information needed and their unique codes to download the tour. The voucher will explain that there is a goodie bag included and that they need to contact Bristol Hoppers with their chosen date to collect from a venue along the tour route. (If they'd like to take their tour while hospitality is closed, they will need to arrange collection seperatly, or can always take the tour again - once downloaded it stays on your phone forever!) You can choose to email the voucher, print it out or ask me to send it directly.
- Collection from Old Market, BS2. I will arrange for one of the wonderful independent pubs in the area to have your goodie bag there for flexible collection times after lockdown. The bag will include the gift voucher with tour codes and info. *unavailable during lockdown*
- Local delivery. Within a two mile radius of BS2The bag will include the gift voucher with tour codes and info. *Unavailable during lockdown. Tour vouchers can be emailed on purchse and delivery of goodie bag can be made after lockdown.*
The voucher will describe the tour as below, along with more information on the start point and reccomended times of day to take it. It will also include their unique codes and instructions on how to download the tour onto their smartphones.
The tour description:
All you could want from an audio tour! At your own pace, explore and learn about Bristol's Old City, discover fabulous independent food and drink venues, see some awesome street art (including two Banksy's) and discover interesting facts about the city.
With me (Heather) as your audio tour guide, locals can see our city from a different perspective, and hopefully discover somewhere new, and visitors can learn what Bristol is all about and get tips on places to stop at and come back to. The tour takes you through the oldest parts of the city at your own pace. Using your location, the app plays audio automatically, at exactly the right time and place.
Discover where Bristol all began, what happened to our castle, why we have our own time, why we were such a busy port and why so many things are being renamed. Explore markets, relax in a park, pass through the last remaining city gate, see the city's oldest pubs, marvel at the street art, see our cathedral and historic docks.
As it's all about you enjoying it at your own speed, you can stop as often as you like. To assist with this, I'll give you loads of ideas of places to eat and drink, show you a street which is a craft beer lovers paradise, point out a couple of breweries and tell you the story behind them.
The actual walking bit takes around 70-80 minutes. If you think you might want to explore the markets in detail, look inside the cathedral or stop for refreshments at one of the many recommended independent venues along the way, then allow much longer. It's a super way to spend a whole dry afternoon.
- Goodie Bag & Audio Tours£22£220£0
- Extra Brewery Bible£5£50£0
- Extra Bristol Craft Beer Map£2£20£0